Why are you using C++?
The advantage of C++ is follows:
- You can abstract the code easily with -namespaces -classes -generics
- C++ has many compile-time features
- C++ can do as much as C and even more
- It has an extensive Standard library which guarantees optimal implementations of functions
Why can't you just help developing Linux?
- We are not dependent on the already existing source code which is anything but readable
- Since We are in an environment that's easily maintainable, bugs will be more easy to patch
- Since we are not dependent of Linus Torvalds, we can opt to add our own syscalls (the syscall to get the amount of free memory is a feature that is cried for by many devs since ages)
Why are you using fossil and not git?
- Because fossil is a self bundled, 1 file contains everything.
- It's close enough to git that people that came from that platform aren't lost.
- It favors smaller team which we prefer as it creates a good group cohesion.
- It works fully offline, meaning if you go offline you can see the wiki or the issue's that are assigned to you.